Netflix is one of the most leading online streaming platform. The OTT platform provides quality entertainment with unique theme and intriguing concepts. Most of it’s show manages to hold the interest of the views owning to interesting story-line and concepts. It’s now a routine for us to take to laptops, our smart TVs, mobile phones or PCs to watch the web-series. The online streaming platform doesn’t only entertain their subscribers with web-shows. But also engage fans with original as well as blockbuster movies. Many critically acclaimed films are available on online streaming service. If you’ve missed your chance to catch up with these outstanding movies with interesting yet intriguing stories, now it is your opportunity to sit down and enjoy the excellence of these movies.
Starring Bradley Cooper, the American science fiction thriller film revolves around what would happen if you could access 100% of your brain. Based on the 2001 novel The Dark Fields by Alan Glynn, the film stars Bradley Cooper, Abbie Cornish, Robert De Niro, Andrew Howard, and Anna Friel. Facing unemployment, Cooper is rooted in a morass of self-pity when an old friend gives him an experimental drug that enhances mental acuity.
- Cast: Bradley Cooper, Abbie Cornish, Robert De Niro, Andrew Howard, & Anna Friel
- Director: Neil Burger
- Release Date: March 8, 2011
Written and directed by Coralie Fargeat, Revenge is a 2017 French rape and revenge action horror film. The plot follows a young woman who is assaulted and left for dead in the desert by three men, where she recovers and seeks vengeance upon her attackers.
- Cast: Matilda Lutz, Kevin Janssens, Vincent Colombe and Guillaume Bouchède
- Director: Coralie Fargeat
- Release Date: 11 September 2017
Snowpiercer 2013 science fiction action film based on the French graphic novel Le Transperceneige by Jacques Lob. The plot of the film revolves around titular train, which carries the remnants of humanity in an endless loop around the world after Earth was left frozen in the wake of a cataclysmic event. Snowpiercer received critical acclaim, and appeared on many film critics’ top ten lists of 2014 after its international release.
- Cast: Chris Evans, Song Kang-ho, Tilda Swinton, Jamie Bell, Octavia Spencer, Go Ah-sung, John Hurt, & Ed Harris.
- Director: Bong Joon-ho
- Release Date: 29 July 2013
1999 science fiction action film, The Matrix is one of the most popular movies. There is not a single person who hasn’t watched this franchise. It depicts a dystopian future in which humanity is unknowingly trapped inside a simulated reality, the Matrix, created by intelligent machines to distract humans while using their bodies as an energy source. In the movie, Keanu Reeves plays a man who lives a healthy, pencil-pushing life by day and works as a computer hacker called Neo by night.
- Cast: Keanu Reeves, Laurence Fishburne, Carrie-Anne Moss, Hugo Weaving, & Joe Pantoliano.
- Director: The Wachowskis
- Release Date: March 31, 1999
The film is a action thriller genre. Sam Hargrave, the Endgame stunt coordinator, is going to mark his directorial debut with the film. The film is set in the Bangladeshi capital. Chris Hemsworth to portray a fearless black market mercenary who embarks on the most deadly mission of his career. He embarks the mission when he’s enlisted to rescue the kidnapped son of an international crime lord. This action-packed in terms of production and visuals, the trailer is nothing but stunning.
- Cast: Chris Hemsworth, Rudhraksh Jaiswal, Randeep Hooda, Golshifteh Farahani, Pankaj Tripathi & David Harbour.
- Director: Sam Hargrave
- Release Date: April 24, 2020
The King is a 2019 historical drama film based on several plays from William Shakespeare’s “Henriad”. It had its world premiere at the Venice Film Festival on 2 September 2019 and was released on 11 October 2019 in selected theatres before being put up for digital streaming on 1 November 2019 by Netflix. The film narrates story of Hal, wayward prince who is heir to the English throne, is crowned King Henry V after his tyrannical father dies. Now the young king must navigate palace politics, the war his father left behind, and the emotional strings of his past life.
- Cast: Timothée Chalamet, Joel Edgerton, Sean Harris, Lily-Rose Depp, Robert Pattinson, Rachel O’Shaughnessy, & Ben Mendelsohn.
- Director: David Michôd
- Release Date: 2 September 2019
A Christopher Nolan-directed heist movie with an all-star cast that includes Leonardo DiCaprio, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Marion Cotillard, and more. The film revolves around A thief who steals corporate secrets through the use of dream-sharing technology is given the inverse task of planting an idea into the mind of a C.E.O. The film is all about a dream within a dream within an idea.
- Cast: Leonardo DiCaprio, Ken Watanabe, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Marion Cotillard, Ellen Page, Tom Hardy, Dileep Rao, Cillian Murphy, Tom Berenger, & Michael Caine.
- Director: Christopher Nolan
- Release Date: July 8, 2010
World War Z
The American apocalyptic zombie film is based on the 2006 novel of the same name by Max Brooks. Former United Nations employee Gerry Lane traverses the world in a race against time to stop a zombie pandemic that is toppling armies and governments and threatens to destroy humanity itself.
- Cast: Brad Pitt, Mireille Enos, Daniella Kertesz, James Badge Dale, Matthew Fox, Ludi Boeken, Fana Mokoena, David Morse, Peter Capaldi, Pierfrancesco Favino, Ruth Negga, & David Andrews.
- Director: Marc Forster
- Release Date: June 2, 2013
The 2018 historical action drama film about Robert the Bruce, the 14th-century Scottish King who launched a guerilla war against the larger English army. Robert the Bruce used cunning and bravery to defeat the much larger and better equipped occupying English army. The film largely takes place during the 3-year historical period from 1304, when Bruce decides to rebel against the rule of Edward I over Scotland, thus becoming an “outlaw”, up to the 1307 Battle of Loudoun Hill.
- Cast: Chris Pine, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Florence Pugh, Billy Howle, Sam Spruell, Tony Curran, Callan Mulvey, James Cosmo, & Stephen Dillane.
- Director: David Mackenzie
- Release Date: September 6, 2018
The American action thriller film, 6 Underground is directed by Michael Bay and written by Paul Wernick and Rhett Reese. The film introduced a new kind of action hero. Six untraceable agents, totally off the grid. They’ve buried their pasts so they can change the future.
- Cast: Ryan Reynolds, Mélanie Laurent, Manuel Garcia-Rulfo, Adria Arjona, Corey Hawkins, Ben Hardy & Dave Franco.
- Director: Michael Bay
- Release Date: December 10, 2019
So from the list which one you are picking up to watch. Let us know in the comment section below. For more updates keep follow Phupo.
[vc_facebook type=”button_count” css_animation=”fadeInRight”]
#Netflix #NetflixMovies #Limitless #Revenge #Snowpiercer #TheMatrix #Extraction #TheKing #Inception #WorldWarZ #Outlaw #6Underground